Both AMSOIL Metal Protector and Heavy Duty Metal Protector protect metal surfaces, displace water and silence squeaky hinges and other metal contact points. Each dries to leave behind a protective film, while also resisting gum and sludge formation. Many users, however, are unaware of the different uses for each product.
Metal Protector is primarily an all-around lubricant effective in applications as diverse as hardware, household appliances, sporting goods and electrical equipment. Its 8.75-oz. aerosol can makes it perfect around the house or shop. MP contains no silicone or harmful chemicals and performs particularly well on fine components and light-duty office and household applications.
- Works well to lubricate, protect and clean guns. Helps eliminate jamming, especially in cold weather.
- Displaces water from wet ignition and electrical components, helping dry them out.
- Effectively lubricates intricate fishing reel components and protects them from damaging corrosion. Compatible with fishing line.
- Lubricates camera tripods, allowing smooth and precise movement.
- Lubricates chair rollers and other office equipment to help them move more quietly and smoothly.
- Helps remove glue and sticker residue from windows, vehicle bumpers and other surfaces.
- Acts as a cleaning agent to remove grease from parts.
- Helps penetrate existing rust build-up to free frozen nuts and bolts.
- Lubricates door locks to help prevent winter freeze-up.
Heavy Duty Metal Protector
Heavy Duty Metal Protector is fortified with special rust and corrosion inhibitors and leaves behind a more robust waxy film than Metal Protector. It’s ideal for heavy-duty industrial, agricultural, automotive and other applications and is packaged in a larger 16-oz. can for greater convenience.
- Works especially well as a vehicle undercoating on wheel wells, frame members, steering components, metal brake and fuel lines and other areas exposed to the damaging effects of salt, moisture or chemical corrosion. Penetrates and adheres to metal surfaces, leaving a long-lasting protective coating.
- Ideal for motorcycle, ATV and bicycle chains. Does not sling off or attract dust.
- Excellent as a rust and corrosion inhibitor on a variety of lawn and garden tools, including shovels, rakes, garden hoes, pruners and more.
- Helps prevent rust from forming on the undersides of lawnmower decks, while also helping keep grass from sticking and solidifying.
- Lubricates wire ropes, hinges, nuts, bolts, springs and other heavy-use metal components.
- Protects vehicle battery terminals from corrosion build-up.
- Excellent lubricant for chains found on agricultural equipment routinely exposed to soil and moisture.