Adequate diesel fuel lubricity is essential for protecting the highly engineered components in modern diesel engines, particularly high-pressure common-rail (HPCR) engines, which are subject to increased wear and deposits that interfere with an optimum spray pattern, reducing power and fuel economy. Be sure to keep your engine running strong with the best diesel fuel additives.
ULSD provides less lubricity
Diesel fuel has traditionally had high lubrication properties, but the desulfurization process that allows fuel to meet modern ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) requirements also strips it of organic compounds responsible for lubrication.
Although the ASTM D975 standard for diesel fuel provides a minimum level of lubricity, it’s not as much as the Engine Manufacturers Association (EMA) has called for.
To meet government mandates for reduced emissions, nearly all diesel fuel sold in North America is ULSD, which contains a maximum of just 15 ppm sulfur, compared to traditional diesel fuel that contained up to 5,000 ppm prior to EPA regulations taking effect in 2006. ULSD is also compatible with modern exhaust treatment devices, such as diesel particulate filters (DPF), that also help reduce emissions.
The superior remedy: AMSOIL diesel fuel additives
AMSOIL diesel fuel additives also provide specific additional benefits designed to keep diesel engines operating at top performance.
Diesel Injector Clean
- Targets traditional nozzle deposits, combustion-chamber deposits and internal-diesel-injector deposits found in HPCR injectors
- Lubricates to reduce fuel pump and injector wear
- Concentrated for rapid results, maximum horsepower and up to 8 percent increased fuel economy in engines with accumulated deposits
- Combines the superior deposit-removing properties of Diesel Injector Clean, the excellent anti-gelling properties of Diesel Cold Flow and the cetane-boosting benefits of Diesel Cetane Boost in one convenient package
AMSOIL protects against injector wear better than Sea Foam, delivering 2X more diesel fuel lubricity.¹
¹Based upon independent testing of AMSOIL All-In-One obtained Nov. 8, 2018 and Sea Foam Motor Treatment purchased on Oct. 25, 2018 in the ASTM D6079 test.
Winter will be here before you know it, and you’re going to want to prevent your fuel from gelling once the weather gets cold. AMSOIL Diesel All-In-One outperforms Howes and delivers a cetane boost.
Diesel Injector Clean + Cetane Boost
- Combines the superior deposit-removing properties of Diesel Injector Clean with the cetane-boosting benefits of Diesel Cetane Boost in one convenient package
Diesel Cetane Boost
- Raises the cetane number of diesel fuel up to eight points for maximum horsepower, increased fuel economy and easier starts in all diesel engines
Diesel Cold Flow
- Effectively modifies wax crystal formation at low temperatures to depress diesel fuel pour point, prevent wax settling and improve cold-flow filtration properties