The internet is full of simple life hacks that use common household products to solve problems. These awesome alternative uses are incredibly convenient and increase the functionality of everyday items you already possess. For example, here are some vehicle hacks that make use of common non-vehicle-related products:
- Cola removes corrosion on car battery terminals.
- Whitening toothpaste cleans headlights
- Nail polish conceals paint scratches
- Hand sanitizer clears ice from hinges and locks
- Kitty litter soaks up fluid leaks and provides traction in winter.
We can provide similar awesome uses and simple life hacks for our own AMSOIL Metal Protector.
AMSOIL MP Metal Protector
AMSOIL MP Metal Protector is an easy-to-use, high-performance aerosol metal surface protectant that lubricates, displaces moisture, protects against corrosion and quickly penetrates to free rusty parts. The most common uses for MP are:
- Cutting through rust and freeing stuck bolts, nuts, screws, hinges and bearings.
- Displacing moisture to protect against rust and corrosion.
- Lubricating hard-to-reach moving parts.
- Stopping squeaks without gumming up mechanisms.
- Cleaning, drying and protecting electrical and ignition systems.
MP also contains no silicone, and is safe for use with plastic, leather, fabric, fishing line and paint.
Here are some places you might life hack AMSOIL MP Metal Protector:
- Cleaning and protecting jewelry and watches.
- Removing gum or wax from hair or carpets.
- Window, door hinge and garage door lubricant.
- Eliminate drink cup stains in finished wood.
- Spray under eves to prevent wasps and hornets.
- Remove gunk from the soles of your shoes.
- Fishing reel, bicycle chain and derailleur lubricant.
- ATV/UTV, motorcycle and lawn tractor ignitions.
AMSOIL MPHD Heavy-Duty Metal Protector
AMSOIL MPHD Heavy-Duty Metal Protector is an easy-to-use, high-performance aerosol corrosion inhibitor that protects metal surfaces exposed to the damaging corrosive effects of salt, moisture and chemicals. MPHD leaves a long-lasting, protective, wax-like coating that is dry to the touch in two hours and cures in 12 hours. It is engineered to be used on steel, iron, aluminum, brass, copper and other metal surfaces to:
- Displace water and seal equipment from water intrusion.
- Protect against the effects of salt, moisture and chemical corrosion.
- Protect metals in hard-to-reach places.
Here are some applications and life hacks for MPHD Heavy-Duty Metal Protector :
- Vehicle undercoat for cars, trucks, trailers and RVs.
- ATVs, UTVs, motorcycles and snowmobiles.
- Suspension, roll cages, winches and brush guards.
- Wheels, wheel wells and spare tire carriers.
- Battery terminals, door and tailgate hinges.
- Handheld tools and power equipment.
- Gardening shovels, spades, hoes, axes and wheelbarrows.
- Generators, plows, snowblowers, mower decks and blades.
- Farm machinery, skid-steers, forklifts and attachments.
- Gates, fences, trellises, screens, chains and anchors.
- Vintage patina protection.
AMSOIL leads by example
The image below shows three pieces of new steel (left) and three pieces of new aluminum (right) that were treated with Heavy-Duty Metal Protector on their left halves. To simulate environmental exposure found on winter roads, all pieces were submerged in a 5% saltwater bath for one hour and air dried for 23 hours each day. After 10 consecutive days, the metal treated with AMSOIL Heavy-Duty Metal Protector shows no signs of corrosion.